Statutes of the Union of the Public Organizations “International Federation of Cynological Sports” (IFCS)
1.1. The Union of the Public Organizations "International Federation of Cynological Sports" (IFCS) (below - "FEDERATION") is an international voluntary union of public organizations which has been created for the protection of common interests and the achievement of the declared goals and objects.
1.2. The full naming of the FEDERATION in Russian: Soyuz obshestvennykh ob’edinenii "Mezhdunarodnaya federatsia kinologicheskogo sporta", abbreviation - MFKS. The full naming of the FEDERATION in English: Union of the Public Organizations "International Federation of Cynological Sports", abbreviation - IFCS.
1.3. The FEDERATION carries out its activity on the whole territory of those states where public organizations - members of the FEDERATION exist.
1.4. The FEDERATION carries out its activity according to the constitutions and the legislation (in the part concerning public organizations) of the Russian Federation and other states, in accordance with common principles and legal standards of international laws, and the present Statute on the base of voluntarism, legality, publicity and equality of rights of its members.
1.5. The FEDERATION independently solves perspective and current tasks of its activities, determines concrete directions and forms of work.
1.6. The FEDERATION becomes a juridical person since the moment of state registration, possesses the property, has its own balance, current and noncurrent assets, can assume property and personal non-property rights and perform duties, can conclude agreements and contracts, appear as a plaintiff or a respondent in court and arbitration court; can open various kinds of accounts in the banks, has its own seal and stamp, its own symbolics (emblem, flag and pennons), legally approved and registered.
1.7. The FEDERATION interacts and collaborates with the International Olympic Committee, other international organizations and also with sporting organizations of different countries. The forms of collaboration and interaction should be determined on the basis of the treaties concluded.
1.8. The FEDERATION recognizes the principles, goals and objects of the international sports Olympic movement.
1.9. The seat of the permanently acting governing organ - the Council of the FEDERATION - Moscow, Russian Federation.
2.1. The goals of the FEDERATION are:
- assistance in the development and popularization of cynological sport as one of the directions of cultural, sports and educational work on the grass-roots level; drawing the population, especially the youth, into sports; charitable activity;
- assistance in the formation of national systems of cynological activities and also in the development of national kinds of sport with dogs;
- assistance in the formation of international sporting cynological community and also the system of sports events in cynological sport;
- assistance in the development and popularization of the following kinds of cynological sport:
- a) Sleddog sport (skijoring, pulka, teams);
- b) Agility;
- c) Cynological applied all around combined tournaments:
- - classical biathlon
- - modern biathlon
- - winter combined competitions
- - summer combined competitions
- - international all around combined tournament (IPO)
- - triathlon with guard-dogs
- - pentathlon with guard-dogs
- d) General Training Course and Guard-Dog Course
- e) Freestyle
- f) other kinds, which appear during the process of the development of cynological sport. assistance in the inclusion of various kinds of cynological sport into the program of Olympic Games; coordination of activities of the members of the FEDERATION with the purpose of realization of its goals and objects declared by this Statute.
2.2. The objects of the FEDERATION are:
2.3. According to the legislation in force, with a purpose of reaching goals and objects declared by this Statute, the FEDERATION:
2.4. The FEDERATION could carry out those kinds of activities, which are subject to licensing, only after receipt of a license.
3.1. The FEDERATION according to the legislation in force has a right to:
- represent and defend its rights, legal interests of its members in government bodies and local authorities, take part in the decision making process in government bodies and in organs of local authorities about the FEDERATION’S activity in accordance with legally established procedure;
- advance initiatives, concerning different questions of social life, introduce corresponding motions to the government bodies about the FEDERATION’S activity;
- carry out all the power determined by the laws about public unions.
3.2. The FEDERATION has to:
- observe the legislation of the Russian Federation as well as general principles and norms of international law concerning the FEDERATION’S activity;
- inform register body about the continuation of its activity (including confirmation of the information in the State list of juridical persons) annually;
- carry out other duties determined by the legislation in force.
3.3. The state does not answer for the obligations of the FEDERATION, the FEDERATION does not answer for the obligations of the state and also of its members. The members of the FEDERATION shall only be financially bound within the limits of their annually subscriptions to the FEDERATION.
4.1. Membership in the FEDERATION is voluntary.
Only juridical persons -public sporting organizations, which are registered in accordance with legally established procedure, recognize and observe the FEDERATION’S Statute, take an active part in the FEDERATION’S activity, pay their annual subscriptions in time - can be the members of the FEDERATION.
The FEDERATION’S founders are its members and they have correspondent rights and duties.
4.2. Decision about granting membership and expulsion is to be carried by the FEDERATION’S Council. Granting membership occurs by the presentation of the decision of the plenipotentiary leading body of the applicant organization.
4.3. The members of the FEDERATION have equal rights and duties. The members of the FEDERATION take part in the FEDERATION’S activity via their plenipotentiaries.
4.4. The members of the FEDERATION have to:
- fulfill the propositions of the present Statute and official documents of the FEDERATION, in every possible way promote the achievement of the goals and objects of the FEDERATION;
- take part in the FEDERATION’S activities and events;
- present sport teams on the FEDERATION’S international competitions;
- refrain from actions, which can morally or financially harm the FEDERATION, pay annual subscriptions in time.
4.5. The members of the FEDERATION have a right to:
- elect and be elected into leading and revision bodies of the FEDERATION in accordance with the present Statute; take part in sport competitions and other events, held by the FEDERATION, in accordance with the rules approved; use sporting and other buildings of the FEDERATION on favorable terms;
- get technical and other assistance from the FEDERATION;
- resign from the FEDERATION with preliminary written notification of the FEDERATION’S Council. The members of the FEDERATION should present also the decision of the plenipotentiary leading body.
4.6. A member may be expelled from the membership of the FEDERATION for the following reasons:
- non-payment of annual subscriptions;
- infringement of the present Statutes;
- non-execution of the decisions of leading bodies of the FEDERATION.
Expulsion from the membership of the FEDERATION is carried out by the Council of the FEDERATION.
4.7. In case of resignation or expulsion of a member entrance and membership fees will not be reimbursed.
5.1. The supreme governing body of the FEDERATION is the Congress of the FEDERATION. The Council of the FEDERATION determines the limit of representation on the Congress for all members.
5.2. The Congress of the FEDERATION has to be convoked by the Council in case of need but no less than once in five years. Extraordinary Congress may be convoked by the initiative of the Council, or the requirement of the Revisory Committee, or of 2/3 of the members of the FEDERATION. The Congress is considered as competent if more than 50% of the elected delegates are present on its meeting.
5.3. The Congress solves all the questions of the FEDERATION’S activity. Solely to the competence of the Congress belong:
- elections of the President, Vice-Presidents, Secretary General, Council and Revisory Committee of the FEDERATION for a period of five years; approval of the Regulations of the Revisory Committee;
- approval of the reports of the Council and Revisory Committee;
- determination of the main directions of the FEDERATION’S activities;
- insertion of modifications and additions into the Statute of the FEDERATION;
- solving questions, concerning reorganization and liquidation of the FEDERATION.
Decisions of the Congress are confirmed by a simple majority. The form of the voting is determined by the Congress.
5.4. The Council conducts leadership of the FEDERATION between Congresses. The meetings of the Council are held in case of need but no less than once a year.
5.5. The Council is considered as competent if more than 50% of its members are present on its meeting. Decisions of the Council are confirmed by a simple majority. The form of the voting is determined by the Council.
5.6. The Council is a constantly acting leading body of the FEDERATION, which has the rights of juridical person and executes the FEDERATION’S duties according to the present Statute. The Council comprises the President, Vice-Presidents, Secretary General and members of the Council.
5.7. The Council of the FEDERATION:
- directs the FEDERATION’S activity, coordinates activities of the members of the FEDERATION;
- prepares and convokes the Congresses, ensures and controls fulfillment of their decisions;
- makes decisions about foundation of the branch offices and representations, educational institutions, sports clubs, mass media; adopts decisions about creation, reorganization and liquidation economic associations and organizations, approves their regulations and statutes;
- grants membership and expels from the FEDERATION;
- approves annual estimates of incomes and expenses of the FEDERATION;
- approves annual sports calendar of the FEDERATION;
- approves programs, rules and regulations determining the FEDERATIONS activities;
- approves the personnel of the constantly acting committees, boards and commissions of the Council on the nomination of the President;
- approves the table of the staff of the FEDERATION;
- disposes property and finances of the FEDERATION;
- approves the Presidents report on his work;
- determines procedure, rate and dates of entrance and membership fees payment;
- establishes rewards, prizes, honorary titles and other ways of encouragement on behalf of the FEDERATION;
- makes decisions about entering of the FEDERATION into other public unions;
- determines competence of the Vice-Presidents of the FEDERATION on the nomination of the President;
- develops financial and technical basis of the FEDERATION;
- fixes current tasks;
- solves other questions of the FEDERATION’S activities, which do not solely get in the competence of the Congress.
5.8. The Council in case of need may co-opt new members of the Council in exchange for quitted members (with the latest approval by the Congress), but no more than 1/3 of the number of the elected on the Congress members of the Council.
5.9. Decisions of the Council (within its competence) are obligatory for all members of the FEDERATION.
5.10. The Congress elects the President of the FEDERATION for five years. The President exercises current direction and management of the FEDERATION.
5.11. The President of the FEDERATION:
- without the letter of attorney acts on behalf of the FEDERATION, represents it in the relations with juridical and physical persons, in the court and arbitration court, government bodies and local authorities both in Russia and abroad;
- disposes the property and assets of the FEDERATION within the limits of the estimate, approved by the Council;
- opens various kinds of the FEDERATION’S accounts in the banks;
- on the nomination of the Secretary General takes on and discharges employees of the Council staff, determines their rate of salary, distributes duties between them;
- gives letters of attorney, promulgates orders and instructions within the limits of his competence, concludes agreements and contracts (including labour contracts);
- approves office regulations;
- commits other actions concerned with current management of the FEDERATION, which are out of the competence of the Congress and the Council.
5.12. The President is a permanent chairman on the meetings of the Council of the FEDERATION.
5.13. Vice-Presidents of the FEDERATION:
- without letter of attorney represent the FEDERATION in the relations with government bodies and local authorities, with various organizations and institutions;
- execute other functions, determined by the Council. In case of absence of the President one of the Vice-Presidents performs his duties on the decision of the President. Vice-Presidents act under the direction of the President.
5.14. Secretary General of the FEDERATION:
- directs the Council staff to implement the decisions of the Congresses, Council and President; represents the FEDERATION in its relations with government bodies and local authorities, with various organizations and institutions on the base of the letter of attorney given by the President;
- exercises the right of the first signature on the financial documents on the decision of the President.
5.15. For inspection of financial and economic activities of the FEDERATION the Congress elects the Revisory Committee of the FEDERATION. The members of the Council and hired employees can not be elected into the Revisory Committee.
5.16. The Revisory Committee carries out inspection of financial and economic activities of the Council no less than once a year and reports on the results to the Congress.
6.1. The FEDERATION property comprises material and other values, which are entered into the FEDERATION’S balance.
6.2. The sources of the formation of the property and finances of the FEDERATION are:
- entrance and membership fees, donations, gratuitous or charitable payments, grants of juridical persons and individuals (foreigners also) in pecuniary, property and other forms;
- incomes from lectures, exhibitions, lotteries, auctions, sporting and other events;
- incomes from commercial and foreign trade activity;
- incomes from civil deals and transactions;
- incomes from securities bought by the FEDERATION;
- bank credits;
- other legal sources.
6.3. The FEDERATION, according to the legislation in force, buys and uses in its activity land lots, buildings, premises, lodges, transportation, machinery, animals, equipment and stock, property of cultural, educational and health improving purposes, finances, shares, securities, other personal and real property, necessary for the material provision of FEDERATION’S activities.
The FEDERATION may also have in property: the institutions, publishing houses and mass media, which are created or bought at the expense of the FEDERATION according to its Statute.
6.4. The FEDERATION has a right to use (on a contractual basis) property placed at its disposal by Russian and foreign juridical and physical persons and to acquire property for the realization of goals and objects of the FEDERATION.
6.5. The FEDERATION owns its property. Every member of the FEDERATION has no right of ownership on the share of the FEDERATION’S property. Incomes from commercial and other kinds of activity of the FEDERATION are directed on the goals declared and can not be distributed among members of the FEDERATION. The FEDERATION may use its means for charitable goals.
6.6. The FEDERATION draws up the balance sheet, has its own accountancy, keeps up statistical and other book-keeping in legal order.
6.7. The members of the FEDERATION own their property. 6.8. The members of the FEDERATION retain their autonomy, independence and rights of juridical persons.
6.9. Subsidiaries and representations of the FEDERATION are not juridical persons. The FEDERATION gives them its property, and they act on the base of regulations approved by the Council of the FEDERATION. The Council assigns leaders of subsidiaries and representations, and they act on the base of letter of attorney.
6.10. Employees of the Council staff are subject to the Russian legislation of labour and social insurance.
7.1. Changes and additions are to be introduced into the Statute by the Congress and they are to be registered in accordance with legally established procedure. The decision about introducing changes and additions is adopted if 2/3 delegates of the Congress voted for it.
8.1. Reorganization (merging, division, joining, separation, transformation) of the FEDERATION is carried out according to the legislation in force on the decision of the Congress if 2/3 delegates of the Congress voted for it.
8.2. Liquidation of the FEDERATION is carried out on the decision of the Congress if 2/3 delegates of the Congress voted for it. The FEDERATION can also be liquidated on the court decision according to the legislation in force.
8.3. The decision about liquidation of the FEDERATION is to be sent to the register body for exclusion from the state list of juridical persons.
8.4. The liquidation and the reorganization of the FEDERATION are carried out in accordance with legally established procedure.
8.5. According the decision of the Congress, after liquidation of the FEDERATION its property and means are directed on the goals and objects declared (after satisfaction of creditors claims). The decision about utilization of the property of the liquidated FEDERATION is to be published in the press by the Liquidation Committee.
8.6. After the liquidation of the FEDERATION the documents concerning personnel are to be sent to the state archives.